1. "Check for updates at program startup" - Enables or disables the automatic new version check of 7 Sticky Notes. If this option is enabled, 7 Sticky Notes will check this website for new versions after 60 seconds of the initialization. If you wish to disable this options, then you can still check for new versions anytime using the button "check!".
2. "Check also for new beta versions" - If the check for updates is enabled, this options will make 7 Sticky Notes also check and inform you whenever new beta versions are available.
3. "Show notes when 7 Sticky Notes starts" - Defines whether the notes should show up when 7 Sticky Notes is launched. Disabling this option is useful, for example, if you have 7 Sticky Notes to start with Windows and want to speed up the loading time to help Windows start faster.
4. "Start 7 Sticky Notes when Window starts" - If enabled, 7 Sticky Notes will run when Windows starts, otherwise it won't be initialized with Windows.
5. "Show icon in system tray area" - If this option is enabled, 7 Sticky Notes icon will be showed at the tray area of Windows, allowing it to be used to show/hide notes and to display the program menu, as detailed previously in the Tray Icon and Taskbar topic. 7 Sticky Notes must be restarted for this option to take effect.
6. "Left click tray icon action" - If you have the 7 Sticky Notes tray icon visible, here you can define which action will be performed when it is left clicked. You can choose between "Show Notes", "Show/Hide Notes", "Hide Notes", or "Create New Note".
7. "Middle click tray icon action" - If you have the 7 Sticky Notes tray icon visible, here you can define which action will be performed when it is middle-clicked. You can choose between "Show Notes", "Show/Hide Notes", "Hide Notes", or "Create New Note".
8. "Do not let Windows' "Show Desktop" hide the notes" - The Windows "Show Desktop" function is that icon called "Show Desktop" at Windows quick launch area, or the bottom-right pad of Windows 7, and can be also called by pressing "Win + D" in Windows. When triggered, it will hide all opened windows, including your notes. If you wish Windows not to hide your notes, just enable this option, and 7 Sticky Notes simply will not hide the notes when you press Windows' Show Desktop!
9. "Show 7 Sticky Notes on taskbar (allows Windows 7 pin to task)" - Enable this option to show 7 Sticky Notes button at taskbar, or disable it to show 7 Sticky Notes button at taskbar. As discussed in topic 4.3., Tray Icon and Taskbar,, this options enables 7 Sticky Notes to be pinned to Windows 7 taskbar, but can be used in any Windows version. 7 Sticky Notes must be restarted for this option to take effect.
10. "Use Windows 7 "close" button to switch/hide all notes" - Option only enabled if the checkbox "Show 7 Sticky Notes on taskbar (allows Windows 7 pin to task)" is enabled. This option is a solution for Windows' 7 problem of not allowing taskbar buttons to be monitored, thus only effects Windows 7 users. When this option is enabled, by clicking the "close" button of 7 Sticky Notes Windows 7 taskbar button, the notes are actually switched between shown/hidden, instead of closing the program. If this options is not enabled, the program closes normally when the close button is pressed.