1. "Show drop shadows" - Check to show drop shadow effects on the notes, or uncheck to not show drop shadows on the notes. Additionally, if you have the Drop Shadows enabled, you can also customize its Size (in pixels), and its Strength (or opacity), using the boxes on the side. 7 Sticky Notes must be restarted for these changes to take effect.
2. "Enable transparency effects" - Enables or disables all transparency effects.
3. "Make notes transparent when moving" - Enable note custom transparency when it's moved around. This option can only be enabled if the option "Enable transparency effects" is checked, and the opacity percentage can be adjusted between 20% and 100% using the option slider.
4. "Make notes transparent on mouse over" - Enable note custom transparency when the mouse hovers over it. This option can only be enabled if the option "Enable transparency effects" is checked, and the opacity percentage can be adjusted between 20% and 100% using the option slider.
5. "Fade in notes" - Enables "fade in" effect when showing the notes, with adjustable fade time (e.g. fade in speed) betwen 40ms and 4s done through the slider on its right side.
6. "Fade out notes" - Enables "fade out" effect when notes are being closed, with adjustable fade time (e.g. fade out speed) betwen 40ms and 4s done through the slider on its right side.
7. "Bring all other notes to front when a note is selected" - If this option is selected, every time a note is clicked, all other visible notes will be brought on top of the open windows, both of 7 Sticky Notes and for other programs as well. This option is disabled by default. 7 Sticky Notes must be restarted for this change to take effect.
8. "Show preview for attachments when available" - As explained in topic Attaching Files/Folders, this option enables the thumbnail preview of attached images and other file types that have image preview supported by Windows. This option is enabled by default.
9. "Hide notes when I hide the Notes Desktop" - As explained in the Showing/Hiding Notes topic, when this option is enabled, the notes will also be hidden when the Notes Desktop is closed, so it can work as also as a Show/Hide tool.
10. "Tab between notes according to..." - Setups the rules for tabbing between the notes. As detailed in the Tabbing Between all Notes topic, the tabbing rules can be setup between "Position" (left to right), "Order", "Title" (ascending alphabetically) and "Text" (ascending alphabetically).
11. "Always snap notes when moving or sizing" - If enabled, the notes will aways snap to other notes and to the screen borders. By default, this option is disabled, and as explained in the Aligning Notes topic, it is necessary to press CTRL to snap notes. But, if this option is enabled, the snapping is always active, and CTRL is used to deactivate it instead.
12. "Note keyboard move steps (pixels)" - Defines the keyboard moving steps, both the default one and the fine, in pixels. To know more about using the keyboard to move the notes, please check the Moving Notes topic.
13. "Grid size when using the note align to grid (pixels)" - Defines in pixels the size (width and height) of each cell for the on-screen alignment grid. To know more about using the on-screen alignment grid, please check the Aligning Notes topic.
14. "Show graphical grid on the screen when snapping to grid" - If enabled, shows the on-screen grid when using the note Grid Alignment. If disabled, the on-screen grid will not be showed, but the note will still align to it. To know more about using the on-screen alignment grid, please check the Aligning Notes topic.